Fujifilm Business Innovation Acquires Digital-Messaging Company
A subsidiary of Fujifilm Business Innovation, Fujifilm Data Management Solutions, today completed the acquisition of an Australian digital-messaging services company, Smart Messaging Services, for an undisclosed sum. Smart Messaging Services will become a wholly owned subsidiary of FUJIFILM Data Management Solutions.
Smart Messaging Services, which trades as Intelli Messaging, provides business-messaging services and other marketing services in Australia and New Zealand for over 150 clients. It enables these clients to send Short Message Services (SMS) via its cloud-based, digital-messaging platform and can send and receive SMS in approximately 170 countries. Intelli Messaging is said to be one of the few SMS gateway providers that offers easy functionality for customers to respond to the outgoing SMS message.
Fujifilm also noted that research shows that, compared to email and paper mail, SMS messages are 94 percent more likely to be opened by recipients. Many companies are increasingly using SMS for essential communications, including for the billing process. As face-to-face communications decline due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the average annual growth rate of the SMS market is expected to be 24.1 percent by 2031 in the Pacific regions, according to Future Market Insight.
Fujifilm Data Management Solutions is said to have a strong reputation and market share in the provision of outsourced communication services for governments and corporate enterprises in Australia. This acquisition adds the following capabilities to Fujifilm Data Management Solutions:
- Strengthens its existing digital information services through the multi-channel platform.
- Offers SMS distribution services to a wider range of customers through Fujifilm Data Management Solutions’ sales channels.
- Extends product and service offerings, providing a cloud-based platform that includes two-way SMS and email to SMS.
Fujifilm says it and Fujifilm Data Management Solutions will combine cloud technology with expertise cultivated in business process outsourcing services to redefine customers’ business processes through BPaaS (business process as a service).
Smart Messaging Services will be renamed Fujifilm Data Management Solutions upon the completion of necessary registration processes.
- May 2022: Strong Growth for Fujifilm’s Fiscal Year, But Earnings Slow in Latest Quarter
- May 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Expands into Office-Printer Market in Mexico
- March 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Appoints New President and CEO
- February 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Launches New Compact A3 Copier/MFPs
- January 2022: New Fujifilm Digital Solutions Company to Provide Digital-Transformation Solutions
You must be logged in to post a comment.