Xerox has announced that Dan Cooper will lead Global Imaging Systems (GIS), a Xerox company. Cooper will report to Mike Feldman, president of Xerox’s North America Operations, and is replacing Tom Salierno, who is retiring in April.
Cooper has been with GIS for nearly 20 years and became president of Virginia-based IT solutions provider Electronic Systems, Inc. (ESI) in 2001. Xerox stated that, under his leadership, ESI has grown into one of the largest core companies within the GIS portfolio. In 2005, he assumed additional responsibilities in GIS headquarters and core companies. In May 2016, Cooper assumed responsibility for GIS field operations.
“We’re making great strides in the small- and medium-size business (SMB) market, and I plan to continue that ascent by growing the GIS companies,” said Cooper.
In 2017, GIS acquired three multi-brand dealers, as Xerox continues to expand its indirect sales channels to further penetrate the lucrative and growing SMB market.
“Dan is an exceptional leader who will continue to expand GIS and its portfolio of office technology dealers across the U.S.,” said Xerox’s Feldman. “He has big shoes to fill, and we thank Tom Salierno for his many years of service and track record of exceptional growth.”
Cooper will be based in Tampa, Florida at the GIS headquarters.
Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems is made up of regional core companies in the United States that sell and service document-management systems such as printers, copiers and multifunction devices; network integration services; and electronic presentation systems. As an office technology dealer, Global Imaging Systems sells products from various suppliers including Xerox. Xerox acquired Global Imaging Systems in 2007, and operates it as a wholly owned subsidiary within Xerox’s North America Operations.
- March 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Laser Resources
- December 2017: Xerox Adds Two New Partners to Channel Partner Program
- November 2017: Xerox CEO: A4, Apps Bringing New Opportunities for Xerox
- November 2017: Xerox Expands Multi-Brand Dealer Network with Acquisition of G-Five, Inc.
- October 2017: Xerox Revenue Down for Third Quarter, but Earnings per Share Up
- August 2017: Alexa, Please Scan this Document to the Cloud: Xerox Voice Recognition for Copier/MFPs
- August 2017: Revenues Slow in Xerox’s Second Quarter, but Net Income Up
- July 2017: New Xerox MPS Accreditation Program Designed to Help Partners Grow Recurring Revenue Streams
- July 2017: Xerox Maintains Leadership Position in Worldwide Managed Print Services Market
- June 2017: Xerox Adds Two New Marketing Programs for Channel Partners
- June 2017: Xerox Adds Two New Dealers as Part of $100 Million Channel Expansion