Toshiba Tec Sees Gains for Fiscal Year, Increased Office MFP Sales
Toshiba Tec today reported results for its fiscal year ending on March 31, 2022.
For the full year, Toshiba Tec reported net sales of ¥445.3 billion ($3.42 billion), up 9.8 percent year-over-year; operating profit of ¥11.56 billion ($88.80 million), up 40.0 percent year-over-year; and profit of ¥5.4 billion ($41.48 million), down 24.5 percent year-over-year. The firm said the lower profit was due to deferred income taxes.
Workplace Solutions Business Group
The Workplace Solutions Business group includes office MFPs for the domestic and overseas markets, auto ID systems for overseas markets, inkjet print heads for domestic and overseas markets, and related products. Net sales were for the group for the year were ¥182.1 billion ($1.39 billion), up 15 percent year-over-year, and operating profit was ¥957 million ($7.35 million), versus a loss of ¥5.47 billion ($42.02 million) for the previous year.
Despite large increases in parts and shipping, and supply-chain constraints, sales of office MFPs increased in the Americas, Japan, and Europe, as did sales of inkjet print heads. Toshiba Tec said it will seek to expand sales of office MFPs in overseas markets.
For its fiscal year that will end on March 31, 2023, Toshiba Tec is forecasting net sales of ¥450.0 billion ($3.45 billion), up ¥4.7 billion ($36.09 million) versus the previous year; operating profit of ¥18.0 billion ($138.25 million), up ¥6.4 billion ($49.16 million) versus the previous year; and profit of ¥8.0 billion ($61.44 million), up ¥2.6 billion ($19.96 million) versus the previous year.
- April 2022: Toshiba Tec Lowers Full-Year Forecast Due to Supplies and Logistics Challenges
- February 2022: This Week in Imaging: Toshiba Tec No Longer a Core Business for Toshiba
- February 2022: Toshiba Tec Reports Sharp Increases for Sales, Profits Despite Supply, Logistics Constraints
- November 2021: Toshiba Tec Reports Improved Results, But Warns of Supply, Logistics Costs
- August 2021: Toshiba Tec Financial Results Continue to Improve
You must be logged in to post a comment.