Toshiba Details New Elevate Sky Enhancements, Cloud-Enabled MFPs, More at Dealer Conference
Last week, Toshiba America Business Solutions held a dealer conference, called LEAD Beyond 2023, in Las Vegas, and its first dealer conference since the start of the pandemic.
TABS President President and Chief Executive Officer Larry White spoke of Toshiba’s recent financial success and market share records.
He also touched on his vision for improving print and digital communications for today’s login-from-anywhere workplace. This includes the upcoming expansion of Toshiba’s Elevate Sky platform, which leverages the cloud to provide print management and workflow automation.
Toshiba’s Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Business Development Bill Melo also explained how organizations operate more efficiently and securely via Elevate Sky enhancements. Melo stated that Toshiba’s main objective “is to make operating in the cloud as easy and natural as every other part of your business.”
Soon-to-be released Elevate Sky applications, reseller tools and services, and what’s called an industry-disrupting license and subscription-services management infrastructure, are some of the more prominent additions to the platform, and which will all be available in fourth-quarter 2023.
Upcoming Elevate Sky upgrades include:
- Elevate Sky Print Management – Deploy virtually zero-touch deployment for key software and services applications while supporting all manufacturers MFP makes and models.
- Elevate Sky Translate – Scan documents from 16 different languages and then convert an original document to print out into a choice of more than 61 languages.
- Elevate Sky Service – Use analytics and artificial intelligence for insights on quick fixes for MFPs.
- Elevate Sky Commerce – Create quick and easy client-centric commerce sites reflecting specific items, pricing, shipping and payment terms for which customers are contracted.
New Cloud-Enabled MFPs
While speaking at LEAD Beyond, Melo also spotlighted Toshiba’s future trio of A4 and cloud-enabled systems. The new models (one color and two monochrome) feature Wi-Fi connectivity, solutions support, and touchscreens (from 4.3 to 10 inches). They also include trusted platform module security featuring a specialized chip that is designed to secure the MFPs with integrated cryptographic keys.
The MFPs will also support both Mopria and AirPrint mobile printing, as well as e-BRIDGE Global Print, enabling cloud printing within and outside of the office network. As with Elevate Sky, Toshiba’s new e‑STUDIO systems will be available by the end of this year.
- March 2023: Toshiba Launches ‘First of its Kind’ Industrial Label Printer
- March 2023: WiZiX Obtains Select Customer Accounts from Toshiba America Business Solutions
- September 2022: Toshiba Introduces Next-Generation A3 Copier/MFPs
- July 2022: New Toshiba Cloud Solution for Print from Anywhere, Any Time