Toshiba America Resumes Office-Equipment Dealer Acquisition Strategy
Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) reports that it’s acquired Electro Imaging Systems, Inc. (EIS), an independent office-equipment dealer located in Livermore, California, for an undisclosed sum. EIS is a certified reseller of Ricoh and Xerox copier/MFPs and Canon wide-format printers.
EIS, which does not currently sell Toshiba products and solutions, will become part of TABS’ Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS) division. EIS is TABS’ 56th dealer acquisition and the first since 2008. EIS was founded in 1994 as a reseller of Gestetner copiers and MFPs. Today, the company offers document- and network-management solutions, managed print services (MPS), and office phone systems in addition to the sales, service and support of office-printing systems.
“We are very pleased to add a quality organization like EIS to the Toshiba family,” commented Scott Maccabe, president and CEO of Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. “Toshiba is continuing to target strategic acquisitions to expand Toshiba Business Solutions in select U.S. markets. We expect EIS to be the first of several acquisitions designed to help fuel our ambitious growth strategy.”
Formed in 1999, Toshiba America Business Solutions operates in over 100 locations throughout the United States and Latin America and provides products, solutions and services to more than 100,000 clients.
“When for personal reasons I decided to sell EIS, I looked for a company that I believed would build upon the solid foundation that we’ve created here,” said Qasim Tarin, former owner of EIS. “Toshiba has an excellent reputation for growing its acquired dealerships and providing employees and clients with excellent support and superior products. EIS’ employees and clients are in great hands with Toshiba.”
- July 2017: Toshiba’s Next-Gen Elevate Touchscreen Said to Provide Ultimate in Customization
- June 2017: Toshiba America Shipping Eco-Friendly Copier/MFP with Erasable Paper
- May 2017: Toshiba Launching New Embedded Platform, ‘Elevate,’ for Toshiba e-STUDIO MFPs
- April 2017: TABS CEO Reassures Clients in Wake of Toshiba Corp. Difficulties
- February 2017: Toshiba America Business Solutions Seeks to Reassure Customers, Partners Amid Toshiba Financial Difficulties
- December 2016: Nuance AutoStore, Equitrac Office Solutions Now Available for Toshiba MFPs
- November 2016: Toshiba Resellers to Sell Kodak Alaris Document Scanners