Ricoh’s New ‘MFPs for Education’ Feature Cloud, Accounting, Security Features
In a strategy that targets the education sector, Ricoh Americas is optimizing various color and black-and-white MFPs for the education sector, introducing new “education MFPs,” the Multifunction Printer (MFP) for Education Series. The MFPs may be integrated with Learning Management Systems (LMS), cloud-based document storage, and job-accounting software options. They’re also equipped with large touch screens to make it easier to use these solutions, as well as built-in paper tray locks so that only authorized users can load paper, preventing improper use, and loading of incorrect paper stock. An Optional ID card reader to prevent unauthorized access is also available.
The MFP for Education Series consists of MFPs rated from 25 to 60 ppm that are designed for various school and campus needs, from computer labs, to departmental use. They may integrated with optional software solutions and cloud-based document-storing-and-sharing services and learning systems such as Blackboard Learn, Canvas, Google Drive, and Dropbox, as well as with Pharos and PaperCut MF job-accounting solutions. They may also be integrated with Ricoh’s Integrated Cloud Environment cloud-based service and customized for education with Ricoh’s ICE – Cloud Education Package, which enables users to scan-directly-to and print directly from optional cloud-based services.
“When it comes to output devices at schools and on campuses, two major goals I hear from people on campus are, one, improving uptime of communal printers, and, two, improving integration with cloud services and learning management systems, which can vastly improve students’ ability to learn, faculty’s ability to teach, and administrators’ ability to work efficiently,” said Renaud Rodrigue, vice president or Ricoh Americas’ Higher Education group. “The MFP for Education Series addresses both, driving increased uptime – and therefore more available printers per user – and facilitating integration with the software that is so vital to the modern education environment.”
For more information on the MFPs for Education series, visit Ricoh here.
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information
- February 2016: New Ricoh SP C435DN Desktop Color Laser Printer for Bringing Color Print Jobs In-House
- January 2016: New Ricoh A4 MP C406 Copier/MFP with ‘Tablet-Style’ Touch Screen, NFC Connectivity
- October 2015: Ricoh Offering Just-Released Versions of Nuance AutoStore, eCopy ShareScan, Output Manager
- October 2015: New A4 Ricoh MP C306 Color Copier/MFP Boasts Tablet-Like Touch Screen, Cloud Connectivity, NFC, More
- September 2015: Ricoh’s New SP C440DN Desktop Color Laser Printer Can Now Be Connected to Two Networks at Once
- August 2015: New Ricoh HotSpot Express Provides Mobile Printing Outside the Company Firewall
- July 2015: New Ricoh SP 6430DN A3 Desktop Printer Uses Ricoh’s Latest LED-Printing Technology
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution