Review: Enterprise-Ready A4 Color MFPs – HP’s Officejet Pro 476dw is Best in Class
There was quite a selection of quality “Enterprise-Ready” A4 MFPs in the group of devices that comply with our conditions below, are priced from $399.99 to $9,400.00, and in color print speed from 15 to 40 ppm. Determining a Best in Class winner from this group was a difficult proposition, with 16 MFPs from Brother International, Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark International, OKI, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and Xerox, with imaging technologies including laser and LED-array (dry toner), plus solid and aqueous ink.
What is our definition of “Enterprise-Ready”? The ultimate capabilities for said device is the ability to be remotely set-up, secured, managed, and maintained from a central location. An Enterprise-Ready MFP must also have other physical requirements as follows:
Wirth Consulting Usage Definitions
- SOHO (Inkjet) = Network interface, duplex printing and automatic document feeder for AiO/MFP models.
- SOHO (Laser/LED) = Network interface and automatic document feeder for AiO/MFP models.
- Business Class = SOHO plus can support more users; higher maximum and recommended monthly volumes; faster print speeds; expandable standard media capacity exceeding 251 sheets; higher ink or toner capacity.
- Enterprise = Business Class plus US Legal-sized platen, duplexing automatic document feeder for MFP models, PCL and/or PostScript print drivers, and remote management, deployment and security capabilities.
- Very low Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Very low energy consumption and noise output.
- Very easy and low maintenance and high-capacity ink cartridges (9,000/6,200 ISO pages).
- Outstanding tested print quality, print speeds, and image permanence.
- Internet connectivity, downloadable business apps, and a host of mobile and remote printing solutions.
- Support for HP management, deployment, and security solutions.
- Supports a wide variety of printer languages and operating systems.
- Enterprise-Ready A4 Color MFPs Head2Head Comparison Report
- HP Officejet Pro 476dw What You Should Know Evaluation
- About Reports
- How We Test
You must be logged in to post a comment.