Pantum Launches Latest Desktop MFP, the M6500W with Mobile Printing
On Linkedin, Pantum International Country Leader Johnson Guan introduced Pantum’s latest printer/MFP, the Pantum M6500W MFP. The desktop M6500W MFP features black-and-white print and copy, color scan, and WiFi wireless connectivity.
Pantum rates the unit at up to 22 ppm in A4-size mode, and resolution at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi. Duplexing is manual, copy and scan is via the platen (no document feeder), and maximum monthly volume is 20,000 pages.
Pantum, which is China’s first-ever brand of printers and was established in 2012, is a subsidiary of Apex Technology, which, along with PAG Capital Asia, acquired Lexmark International for $3.6 billion last year.
In a blog post last year, Pantum wrote that Pantum and Lexmark will complement each other – while Lexmark focuses on higher-end office printers and MFPs, Pantum developes lower-cost printers and desktop MFPs.
Other M6500W MFP specifications include:
- 600 MHZ CPU and 128 MB of memory.
- 10/100Base-TX Ethernet network interface; WiFi 802.11b/g/n connectivity; Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
- 7.8-second First Page Out Time.
- Apple iOS and Android mobile printing.
- Energy Star 2.0 certified.
- Toner cartridge rated to yield up to 1,600 pages.
- Color scan to email, PCs, and FTP sites.
Among resellers in the United States, Pantum printers are sold at LD Products. For more information, contact Pantum at email@example.com.
- January 2015: Newegg Shatters Desktop Laser-Printer Price Barrier with $29.99 Pantum Laser Printer
- March 2013: Pantum Kicks off New Sales Operations in South Africa, Mexico
- March 2013: Lease a Pantum Laser Printer for $1 Annually for Three Years
- December 2012: U.S. Reseller of Pantum Printers, LD Products, to Launch U.S. National Advertising Campaign for Pantum Printers
- October 2012: Pantum Laser Printers Debut in the Middle East, India
- October 2012: China’s Pantum Bringing Laser Printers to the U.K., Ireland
- October 2012: LD Products is First U.S. Reseller of China’s Seine Pantum Laser Printers, Start at $69.99
- March 2012: China Cartridge Remanufacturer Seine Looks to Take on Printer World with Pantum Laser Printers