New Third-Generation Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Platform Features Enhanced Security, Cloud Capabilities
Canon U.S.A. today announced its third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE 2nd edition lineup, which features an emphasis on cloud connectivity and security
Canon says its refresh of its imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform features copier/MFPs with newly standard security capabilities, as well as cloud-based functionality, including user authentication, dashboard reporting, and basic scan-to-cloud features, when activated. The new platform will also enable customers to add other cloud-based features that come to market from Canon and its partners in the future.
The third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE 2nd edition MFPs incorporate four key security features as standard that were previously optional: encrypted secure print, secure watermark, create encrypted PDF, and Device Digital Signature PDF functionality.
The firm notes that, according to survey research from market-research firm IDC, IT decision makers are challenged in figuring out how to better protect and manage their data, with 68 percent of those surveyed stating that boosting profitability and productivity will be the key benefit of the cloud’s role in transforming business processes over the next two to five years. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE models incorporate cloud authentication and security features at the MFP level for this reason.
The third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE 2nd edition models will soon be available through Canon’s authorized dealer channels, beginning with the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3500 II Series and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C356iF II Series.
For more information on Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, visit Canon here.
- January 2018: Canon CEO Reports Strong Year; Company Also Expanding into New Businesses
- January 2018: Canon Launches Entry-Level Marv FDM 3D Printer in China
- January 2018: Canon Again Ranked Third in Number of U.S. Patents Obtained in 2017
- June 2017: Canon Number-One Last Year in U.S. A3 Copier/MFP Sales
- April 2017: Canon Says Business-Inkjet and Laser-Printer Expansion in China is ‘Key Priority’
- March 2017: Canon Stresses ‘Commitment to Dealers at One Canon Event