New Fujitsu fi-7600, fi-7700 A3 Production-Class Scanners Said to Boast 20 New Features and Enhancements
On May 22nd, Fujitsu introduced its next-generation production-level document scanners, the FUJITSU fi-7600 ($5,995 U.S. list) and fi-7700 ($7,995 U.S. list), with the firm stating that the new scanners provide intelligent features and functionality, flexible and adjustable design, and fast scan speeds for higher scanning throughput.
The new Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700 scanners are rated at 100 ppm/200 ipm at 300 dpi resolution(letter landscape, color, grayscale, monochrome). They feature improved start-up and wake times, and larger paper chute capacity of up to 300 sheets.
The new scanners’ automatic document feeders also incorporate easy alignment guides, as well as LED control panels on both sides to fit different workspace configurations.
Other features include:
- Straight paper-path for scanning of a wider range of thick documents and for assuring consistent scanning regardless of the condition or type.
- Single-pass duplex scanning through the automatic document feeder.
- Can automatically feed and scan up to three plastic cards up to 1.44 mm thick (embossed cards must be scanned one-at-a-time).
- Maximum original size of 12″x17″ from the flatbed platen or 12″x210″ via stream-feed through the document feeder.
- Improved document collection and stacking with independent side guides that align the edges of the documents after exiting the scanner, resulting in less operator intervention. Even when scanning with the flatbed, thick, fragile, or bound documents, Fujitsu says documents can still be scanned efficiently and consecutively by keeping the cover open, resulting in a smooth document flow.
- Adjustable, easy-to-read, interactive LED panels said to provide quick access to advanced scanning features such as paper protection, batch counts, intelligent multi-feed function settings, and power savings, allowing users to get more out of their scanner, faster than ever before.
- “Skew Reducer” and Paper Protection: The scanners’ “skew reducer” improves paper-feeding by detecting alignment issues and physically correcting paper skews to ensure full data capture. The risk of document damage is also reduced with the ability to detect document length and abnormalities in the sound of the paper passing through.
PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS, PaperStream Capture, and Scanner Central Admin
Organizations seeking a more robust document-capture solution can upgrade to PaperStream Capture Pro for more features and greater automation. PaperStream Capture reduces training time and increases productivity with quick batch scanning, using barcodes and patch codes to separate batches and improve document organization.
In-box software also includes PaperStream IP: PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS, an “intelligent” image-correction solution that automatically converts documents into clean images.
Scanner Fleet Monitoring and Management with Scanner Central Admin: Scanner Central Admin is said to significantly reduces the cost and effort of fi Series fleet installation and maintenance by allowing administrators to monitor scanner status, perform updates, migrate settings, manage users, and much more.
“With over 20 new features and enhancements, the fi-7600 and fi-7700 add more value, more speed, and more throughput to our successful Low Volume Production line. The combination of superior image quality and high performance capabilities make these scanners the perfect reliable solution for back-office scanning needs,” said Scott Francis, SVP of Product Management, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Their best-in-class scanning speeds, flexible design and thoughtful new features make the fi-7600 and fi-7700 scanners unmatched in functionality and versatility in any office environment.”
The Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700 are available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, and Tech Data Corporation.
Onsite and preventative maintenance service programs are available.
For more information and complete specifications on the fi-7600, visit Fujitsu here, and here for the fi-7700.
- December 2016: New Fujitsu SP-1425 Desktop Document Scanner Designed for Moving Paper to Digital Quickly and Easily
- December 2016: Fujitsu Adds Web-Based Document Scanning, More, to Upgraded PaperStream Application
- November 2016: Fujitsu’s ScanSnap Cloud for Scanning to Cloud Sites Adds Four New Destinations
- August 2016: New Fujitsu fi-7030 Document Scanner with Enhanced Image-Processing Software
- June 2016: New Fujitsu Departmental Document Scanners Start at $3,995
- June 2016: New ScanSnap Cloud for Fujitsu Scanners for One-Touch Routing to Cloud Sites
- October 2015: Canon and Fujitsu Join Forces to Develop Solutions Using Network Cameras
- March 2015: New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- October 2014: Ricoh Expands Fujitsu Offerings to Include Network Storage, Servers, Tablets and Notebooks
- February 2014: Fujitsu Launches Rent-a-Scanner Service
You must be logged in to post a comment.