New Contex IQ FLEX Said to ‘Push the Boundaries’ in Flatbed Document Scanning
Maker of wide-format document-scanning and imaging solutions Contex, has launched its new IQ FLEX flatbed document scanner, which is said to “push the boundaries in flatbed scanning.” The IQ FLEX is the newest addition to Contex’s IQ scanner series and can scan A2 / C-size originals of any size or shape, or documents up to A1 / D-size, and unlimited thickness. With an accuracy of 0.1% +/- 1 pixel and six-second scanning speeds, Contex says the IQ FLEX is the market’s most advanced flatbed scanner.
Users can digitally capture books, fragile documents, textiles, artwork and more. The IQ FLEX can save files in standard file formats or raster format for use in any CAD or GIS application such as AutoCAD, Microstation, and ArcGIS. It also includes a 64-bit TWAIN application driver for use with EDM and other imaging software.
Scanned images can be archived or shared via network PCs, email, cloud, or USB. Customers can also send files to print using the pre-installed HP, Canon, and Epson print drivers. The IQ FLEX is the only WiFi-enabled large-format flatbed scanner with speeds of up to 150 Mb per second. Customers have three options for operating the IQ FLEX flatbed. The scanner includes a built-in controller with a 7-inch touch screen to operate, edit, annotate and markup scans, without the need for a CPU. For more advanced scanning and editing options, customers can add a CPU with Contex’s NextImage scanning software. Customers can also operate the scanner using their smart device with Contex’s rainforest365 app.
Other features include:
- Sharp focus Contex CIS CleanScan+ technology with up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi optical resolution
- Scan A2 / C-size originals in 6 seconds
- Scan over-size originals up to A1 / D-size
- Book scan with automatic page split and spine area removal
- Connect to networks via Wi-Fi or LAN
- Save scans directly to memory stick using the high-speed USB 3.0 interface
- Walk-up scan with rainforest365 cloud services (2) using a mobile or portable tablet device
- Intuitive on-board user interface ideal for first-time users or the experienced scanner operator
- Optional Nextimage 5 software for professional scanner users that require a fully featured scanning software experience
- Scan papers, Mylar, polyester, canvas, card, water colours, acrylics, oil-based artwork, textiles and many other substrates
- Copy your originals directly to the most popular large format printers using the in-built Contex printer drivers
- Digitally mark-up originals without printing. Simply scan, annotate then email. No computer required!
- Fully personalize your network scan connection with Contex LINK software
For more information and complete specifications, visit Contex here.
- May 2017: Contex Expands the IQ Quattro Family with New 36-inch Wide-Format Scanner
- February 2015: Contex Brings Large-Format Scanning to the Desktop with SD One
- November 2015: New Contex ScanStation Wide-Format Scanner with Reimage Technology for Saving Raw Data for Future Editing