Review: Enterprise-Ready Entry-Level B/W MFPs-Konica Minolta bizhub 36 is Best in Class
In our latest Head2Head comparison of A4 Enterprise-Ready Entry-Level B/W MFPs, we compared basic workgroup imaging device for companies or enterprises—the A4/letter-size black-and white laser MFP. What makes this group unique is that there are other qualifiers: 1) remotely deployable print drivers and client software; 2) fleet management via WAN (wide area network); and 3) standard network authentication such as LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, etc.
Think of a company that wants to purchase a number of MFPs and have the ability to remotely manage user access, deployment of client software, device maintenance and firmware updates, as well as monitor, and manage and/or charge-back usage based on individual or departmental use. This company is also concerned with security and requires devices that comply with their existing network security methodologies.
Some of the devices in this Head2Head comparison have it all and tend to be expensive to purchase (but not necessarily to own). Others are inexpensive to purchase but have gray areas in their enterprise-level features sets. Others are inexpensive to purchase but have prohibitive running costs that must be considered and negotiated. Using our exclusive rating and ranking system, you can easily compare all areas of performance for your applications in the Head2Head Comparison Report for this class of devices.
After an extensive analysis of feature sets and using our exclusive performance ratings, we determined that the Konica Minolta bizhub 36 has it all for enterprise deployment, management and use:
- Based on the firm’s Emperon print system, which has proven very capable in testing.
- Gigabit Ethernet networking.
- Only system in this group with a touch screen.
- Highest toner capacity (25,000 pages) and highest standard media capacity (1,150 sheets) in this group.
- Very low Cost per Page results in a low Total Cost of Ownership at monthly volumes suitable for a small workgroup or company.
These advantages make the Konica Minolta bizhub 36 Best in Class, and an outstanding enterprise-ready entry-level MFP.
- Head2Head comparison of Enterprise-Ready Entry-Level B/W MFPs
- Konica Minolta bizhub 36 What You Should Know Evaluation
- About Reports
- How We Test