Fujifilm Selling China-Based MFP Factory
On July 20th, Fujifilm Business Innovation announced that it’s signed an agreement to sell its Shanghai-based printer and MFP factory to Chinese office-equipment maker EVA Precision Industrial for $9.19 million.
Fujifilm Business Equipment Shanghai develops and produces printers, MFPs, and toner cartridges for the Chinese market.
The sale is scheduled to be completed on December 1st.
Fujifilm Business Innovation will continue sourcing equipment and supplies from the factory – up to $298 million worth – over the next three years.
The sale won’t include the transfer of technology, and print heads and other printer/MFP components will continue to be designed and developed in Japan.
- June 2022: New Box Collaboration Expands Functionality of Fujifilm’s DocuWorks
- May 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Acquires Digital-Messaging Company
- May 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Expands into Office-Printer Market in Mexico
- May 2022: Strong Growth for Fujifilm’s Fiscal Year, But Earnings Slow in Latest Quarter
- March 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Appoints New President and CEO
- February 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Launches New Compact A3 Copier/MFPs
- January 2022: Fujifilm Business Innovation Launches New A4 Printers and MFPs