Flex Technology, RJ Young Announce New Acquistions
On May 19th, Flex Technology Group and RJ Young announced that they have acquired two office-technology companies.
Flex Technology Group
Flex, which is based in Phoenix, Arizona, announced that it’s acquired Standard Office Systems of Atlanta, an office technology and solutions provider based in Atlanta, Georgia, for an undisclosed sum.
Since 1964, Standard Office Systems (SOS) has provided copiers, printers, communications, and IT services. Today, it serves customers throughout the metro-Atlanta area and across the nation out of its corporate headquarters in Duluth, Georgia. It provides Canon, HP, and Sharp copier/MFPs; Canon, HP, Kyocera, and Sharp laser and inkjet printers; Canon and Sharp production printers; and managed print services.
Bryan Ammons, president of Standard Office Systems, will be an equity holder in Flex Technology Group, and his executive team will remain in their current leadership roles.
RJ Young, which is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, acquired Lewis Digital for an undisclosed sum. Lewis Digital is a 30-year-old office-technology provider based in Tallahassee, Florida. Lewis Digital’s employees will join the over 600 employees at RJ Young, while all of its operations, area offices, and employees will remain local. Lewis Digital provides network solutions and printer service.
The acquisition marks RJ Young’s second transaction in 2022 and 10th in the past five years. The company says the acquisition is part of its plan to expand in Florida’s capital and beyond.
Since the launch of RJ Young’s technology segment in 2019, the company has grown that side of its business by 360 percent. Last year, RJ Young introduced its one-stop center for technology solutions called the Modern Office, which is the company’s response to the market’s evolving needs amid workplace shifts initiated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, RJ Young has gone through a rebranding focused on its Modern Office theme.
- May 2022: Flex Technology Group Expands in California with Copy Link Investment
- March 2022: RJ Young Acquires Business-Technology Dealer in Virginia
- August 2021: RJ Young Now Providing Kyocera Document-Imaging Solutions
- June 2021: RJ Young Adds Kyocera TASKalfa Pro 15000c to Portfolio
- February 2021: RJ Young’s Modern Office Provides Everything from Printer/MFPs, to IT, Security, DX, and More
- February 2022: Flex Technology Makes First 2020 Acquisition
- September 2019: Flex Technology Opens Four New Offices