Copier Careers’ Survey: 71 Percent of Service Techs Looking for a New Job
Copier Careers has published its 2017 Service Technician Salary Survey, which reflects the responses of 4,708 copier/MFP-channel service technicians across the United States. According to the survey, the average salary for a service technician was $46,242, an increase of 2.5 percent versus 2016.
Other findings include:
- An all-time high of 71 percent of respondents said they were “actively” or “somewhat” actively looking for a new job.
- 88 percent of job seekers pointed to “job opportunities too good to pass up,” while 81 percent said they also “want higher compensation.”
- Results show that copier techs “are particularly eager to learn, collaborate and use their skills to advance organizational goals.” They also want to be fairly compensated for skills that are in high demand inside and outside the copier industry.
- 99 percent received health insurance benefits.
- 99 percent were reimbursed for the cost of obtaining certifications.
- 89 percent received employer-sponsored education and training.
- 79 percent had access to a company car or a car allowance, an increase of 6 percentage points from 2016.
“Today the Copier Channel is like a hot real-estate market. If you want to hire good people, you need to jump on it,” commented Paul Schwartz, president of Copier Careers. “In this salary survey, we had an all-time high of 34 percent of respondents who said they are actively looking for a new job.”
- November 2016: Copier Careers: Average Compensation for Sales Reps is $116,934
- August 2016: Copier Careers: Average Service/Operation Manager Salary is $84,426
- July 2016: Copier Careers: Average Sales Manager Salary is $152,227, MPS ‘Bringing New Life’ to Industry
- June 2016: Copier Careers: Average Copier Service Tech Salary is $45,121
- December 2015: Copier Careers: Average Copier Sales Rep Annual Comp is $116,000
You must be logged in to post a comment.