Contex Rolls Out the Widest, Fastest CCD Scanner, the HD Ultra X 6000
Contex, the Danish maker of large-format scanning solutions, today introduced the HD Ultra X 6000, which it says is the widest, fastest, and most productive 60″ CCD document scanner available in the market.
The HD Ultra X 6000 is said to be a premium scanner with multiple productivity-boosting capabilities, and will be available in two configurations that will be available from distributors worldwide by September 2018.
The HD Ultra X 6000 scanner allow users to capture originals up to 61.8″ wide at 17.8 images per second (ips), which is said to be 30-percent faster than any other scanner in its class. True-size detection and instant-ON capabilities are said to reduce production time. Another productivity boost is the new Contex AIO app, which allows users to operate the Nextimage software from their smart device.
Contex also says the HD Ultra X 6000 boasts the fastest data-transfer of any scanner in the market. The scanner features both GB Ethernet xDTR2.5 and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed xDTR3 as data-transfer technologies. The throttle buffer control eliminates scanner pauses, allowing operators to maintain the fastest scanning speeds, from start to finish. Users no longer wait for scanned data to be processed; they can continuously feed documents to scan.
Exclusive Technologies for Image Quality
The Contex HD Ultra X 6000 is said to be the only 60″ scanner in the market with CCD technology to give users the best image quality possible. The wide-format scanner also boasts the highest color-rendering index (CRI) thanks to Contex Perfect Light, which uses the latest LED technology combined with specially developed diffusion filters.
Several exclusive technologies are also said to provide the most advanced color matching and the sharpest scans. These include Contex’s lens-spherical correction technology and accuracy lens enhancement (ALE), which minimize optical distortion. The HD Ultra X 6000 scanner also features:
- X-Rite ICC color technology and Fujifilm camera lenses, which deliver large depth of focus — 7mm — and CCD optics of 1,200 dpi. The depth of focus enables the HD Ultra X 6000 scanner to capture documents of all types — especially thick, delicate documents, or those with irregularities.
- Optimal Thickness Adjustment Control (OTAC) enables users to adjust the HD Ultra X 6000 scanner to the required paper thickness, with just the press of a lever. Feather mode also protects delicate originals and extra-thin documents.
- Contex’s new, speed-matched roller system is said to make it fast and easy to load documents, and eliminates skewing. Operators can choose between center and side loading, or use the adjustable paper guide for smaller documents.
- Another feature is the scanner’s static-free, touch-less glass system and steel, anti-static feed table that minimizes friction. It also reduces maintenance costs over time from worn scanner glass.
The HD Ultra X 6000 scanner is designed with instant-ON scanning capabilities, as operators can scan originals without requiring the scanner to warm-up. The LED light source also saves energy by automatically turning off in between scans, and is also guaranteed to last the scanner’s lifetime.
The HD Ultra X 6000 scanner exceeds Energy Star consumption standards, and is RoHS compliant.
It’s available as a stand alone scanner (Contex AIO optional) or in a ScanStation Pro configuration, which includes a stand, touchscreen monitor, and Nextimage REPRO software (Contex AIO optional). The HD Ultra X 6000 scanner can be networked to any printer.
For more information, visit a Contex distributor, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 2017: =Contex Promotion Offers HP PageWide XL Customers 40-Percent Off Pricing for Wide-Format Scanner
- July 2017: New Contex IQ FLEX Said to ‘Push the Boundaries’ in Flatbed Document Scanning
- May 2017: Contex Expands the IQ Quattro Family with New 36-inch Wide-Format Scanner