Canon Reports on Third-Quarter Alternative Toner-Cartridge Removals
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today announced that in the third quarter of 2021, it used the Amazon Reporting Tool, letters of inquiry and/or information letters to successfully remove 3,294 alternative toner-cartridge listings from Amazon in Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, and Turkey. The third-party, alternative toner cartridges are designed for use with Canon and HP Inc. laser printers.
Since June 2018, the total number of alternative toner-cartridge listings removed from Amazon in Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, and Turkey is 24,082. The listings offered third-party laser toner cartridges from vendors which Canon believes infringed one or more of European Patent No. 2 087 407, European Patent EP 2 137 577, and European Patent No. 1 977 289.
|Country||Number of removed listings|
- September 2021: Canon Successfully Concludes Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Russia
- August 2021: Canon Reports Strong Fiscal Recovery for First Half
- July 2021: Amazon Removes Nearly 5,000 Alternative Toner Cartridges at Canon Request
- July 2021: Canon Resolves Patent Dispute with Katun, General Plastic
- July 2021: Amazon Removes More Third-Party Toner Cartridges at Canon Request