Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reported today that it’s obtained a preliminary injunction by the District Court Düsseldorf in Germany against New Time Trade GmbH and its managing director.
The preliminary injunction is based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European patent EP 2 087 407 which involves an imaging drum unit and a process cartridge. The alleged patent infringement consists in the offer and distribution of a laser toner cartridge comprising a drum unit via amazon.de under the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B00VYPUUZU. This cartridge replaces the toner cartridge model CE255A compatible with certain HP laser printers.
The preliminary injunction granted by the District Court Düsseldorf is not yet final. Defendants have the option to file an objection against the preliminary injunction. Canon can enforce the decision after service of the PI on the vendors.
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading